Health Update

Friday, June 19, 2009

It has been two weeks since I started (re-started) my maintenance medications against hypertension. I actually need to go back to my Internist to report my progress. I say progress because my blood pressure have not gone higher than 120/90 for the past two weeks, and that is a good sign. I have not gone serious with my diet, though. I still feel heavy. And I haven’t called back my OB’s to ask about my papsmear results hehe.

 

The AH1N1 scare has also made me paranoid about going out. And I nag Hubby, the brothers, the ward, or anyone who enters the house to take a shower or change clothes or wash hands thoroughly before playing with Abi. We’re also taking vitamins. I also bought pocket-sized alcohol bottles for each of us.

 

I also heard that taking dietary supplements can be a preventive and protective measure. Some of these supplements are available  in Allegro Medical which is one of the largest and most advanced in terms of technology online retailers of medical supplies. This is not the first time I heard of Allegro. Even my friends know of this online store. Name it and they have it – from maternity, to child care, to adult care. Hubby said we should get a better blood pressure monitor for my daily use, I just might consider ordering from them.

 

Promise, tomorrow, I’ll schedule a trip to my Internist :)

0 comments: