January 2007 Roundup - edited

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So these are my answers for this month's round-up. Next task is to actually scrap! Uh-oh! :)
**Ideas and prompts taken from Katie the Scrapbook Lady courtesy of Aggie:

Round Up Questions:
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Started on Illustrator CS2 for Dummies (learning to draw digitally!), also browsing on Color Harmony Workbook I bought myself and the two books hubby gave me for Christmas (The Scrapbooker’s Color Palette and Digital Scrapbooking in Easy Steps). Reader’s Digest November 2006 and January 2007 issues that arrived late! Am never gonna renew my subscription again, because out of 12 issues, I only received about 6!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Little Manhattan, Pingu (animated, gave me so much to laugh at, so shallow!), 3 episodes of Hustle Season 3 all on DVD. I also got addicted to watching Amazing Race Asia over at AXN and Ane & I tried to catch all Star Wars episodes on Star Movies.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Mom’s 52nd Birthday. Visited her in Laguna, a surprise visit. Full kwento in the blog entry. Two days later, went to Mom’s office for her staff’s surprise program. No family dinner this year, can’t seem to fit in the schedule. A week before her birthday, we went on a Farm day with my Mommy Aunt's family to celebrate. Also, there was Robie and Rissa's beautiful Wedding :)

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
We were supposed to give Mom High Havaianas, but stocks have been scarce. Haven’t had the chance to go back to the mall to look again. Gave Rissa and Robie an enveloped gift for their wedding, to be added to their US fund, hehehe. I received GC’s from Powerbooks from Ane, am still deciding which book to buy (novel/s or a scrapping related book, hhmmmmm)

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Allergic Rhinitis that turned into full blown colds, upset stomach for about a week, and headaches that come and go.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Rissa’s Bridal Shower at Astoria, teeehhheeee! Dibide shopping at Metrowalk with the brothers. Dinner and Coffee at MoA with College friends (Rissa and Robie’s Despedida). Organized a reunion. Watched PBA live at the Araneta.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Cafe Adriatico at MoA, and Bitoy’s in Greenhills. Nothing much to rave about the two reataurants. I tried the new cold/blended coffee flavors at Ysidro’s CafĂ© (new offering: Iced Choco Float, Iced Mocha Float and Cereal Lovers). Tried cooking Sotanghon soup, wasn’t perfect but still delicious!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
The Color Harmony Workbook, I guess.

What were this month's disappointments?
Our wedding video. We got it already, and I’m not gonna say anything more. I wasn’t able to go back to the gym (last time I went for my PT was two weeks before Christmas!!), and play badminton on Saturdays. I also didn’t get pregnant.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Finished at least three digiscrap layouts! Organized my files in the PC. Finished filing papers and bills and receipts at the office.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
On New Year’s day, heard Mass at the Shrine of Jesus officiated by His Eminence Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales with Ane and my in-laws, and then had Lunch at the MoA (first time to go there). Later we met with my family, in the same mall. I can’t believe that the mall, boasting to be the biggest in Manila (probably in Asia, too), can be filled with so many people! We didn’t stay longer coz I was beginning to be nauseous and hating the crowd, hehehe.

Went to UP Manila Registrar to request for Ate’s Transcript and sent it to her to the States thru her friend. Only to be requested to do it all-over again, the week after, because the document should have been sent directly to CGFNS/ICHP in Philadelphia (nope, my Sister isn’t a Nurse but an SP). Funny how they do business there, typical Philippine government atmosphere. It could get really annoying, so I really had to keep my patience.

Mom also spent overnight at our house, her reason? Just because. Hubby slept on the sofa and we girls shared the bed. She wanted to spend some bonding time with us. But had to ask if we use the aircon and if we have a shower heater. Heheh. Demanding! :)

Round Up Task List:

Pictures & layouts:

Back up all digital pictures and layouts to a cd – Check! But only backed-up to two other PC’s aside from my laptop and external hard drive. Does this count?

Print out any digital layouts created during the month and put them in albums. – Pass!

Uploaded all digital pictures to 2 different sites. ( I use Multiply and Yahoophotos) – Didn’t get around to doing so. Mom is already nagging me!!

Send email links to online photo albums to your family or friends who might enjoy them or send a picture cd, or picture attachments. Share your memories! – Ugh!

Get your pictures printed out and put into simple photo sleeve albums. – Uh-oh.

If you use film, be sure you get all your pictures developed and file your negatives in a safe place. If possible, I would suggest you get a picture cd along with your developing. – My Film SLR is sadly sitting in a corner, sigh.

Put finished paper scrapbook layouts in sheet protectors and albums to enjoy. -- NA

For bloggers - print out my blog entries to keep in a binder. My blog(s) really are like a journal and I was thinking that it would be nice to have hard copy to keep. I know some people back up their blog files which is probably a good idea. I copy and paste each entry into a word document, label the document with the month and year and then print it all at once. – My entries are automatically sent to my emailbox. I should remember to print and file them the way I used to (not that my entries are so many).

Scrapbooking Supplies:

For digital scrappers:
download, unzip, and file all kits & fonts purchased. Save a preview image of each kit and keep it in a separate file for easy browsing. Back up all new purchases to cd or dvd in case of computer crash or to maximize your hard drive space. – No new purchases or freebie downloads but I was able to organize all old files and are already backed-up.

For paper scrappers:
put away any new purchases. Do you still have stuff in sacks sitting around? I know some of you do! Put it away in an organized system. -- NA

For all scrappers:

Look through what you have purchased recently and decide what you want to use. At the first of the month set some goals for scrapping (hint – use this same list of ideas as a goal sheet for the next month)

Sort through old supplies that no longer appeal to you. Donate them to a friend who can use them or a charity. My older supplies go to my daughter who happily uses them to create many fun projects. I have also donated some to charity.

Look through what supplies you did use during the month and think about what it is about them that appealed to you. This will help you make smarter purchases in the future.
Clean up your area! Whether that is getting your computer in tip top shape, or clearing off the piles on a table where you can sit and work.

4 comments:

Juzahlyn said...

hi kaje i hope you don't mind me adding you to my blogger...ang daming tasks ha hopefully you get to finish them..love the roundup questions..and hope you get preggy soon too

Kaje said...

hi! no prob, add me up ;)

thanks for visiting!

Kaje said...

hi! no prob, add me up ;)

thanks for visiting!

Caryl said...

nice to read your round up... :)