Haw Flakes

Thursday, August 23, 2012

You know how it is when you suddenly look for one thing that existed in your childhood? That’s what I felt when I started craving haw flakes weeks ago. I always ask Ane to buy me from the grocery but he would tell me he could not find any among the racks. So when we went with him for the weekly grocery on Monday and I insisted on passing by the candies aisle. Instead of the old school rolled in paper Haw Flakes, I found this not on the candy aisle but the preserves aisle:

image

It is not exactly what I was looking for but my craving taste buds were satisfied, for now. And funny how I realized that haw flakes come from the fruit Haw of the Hawthorne tree (yes, I googled!). I just learned that now and never bothered before to know where the flakes come from! There is really something new to learn everyday, huh?

0 comments: