Supplier Rating, Venue: Acropolis Clubhouse (Libis, QC)

Friday, February 12, 2010

As early as June 2009, I was already researching on venues for Klaire’s party. You might think it was too early, but an OC mom needs to do what she’s gotta do :) I knew I didn’t want to have the party in some fastfood chain but I had to convince Badong. Obviously, I was researching without his knowledge so I could be armed when I needed to defend my ideas, LOL!

My criteria for the venue include:

  • affordability (of course)
  • accessibility to the guests who are coming from Manila (west), North and South areas.
  • parking.
  • space – I did not want a cramped area and I was looking for a place in which everyone can still roam around the party. And I was foreseeing that our guest list just might balloon so we need a venue that can fit everyone, just in case.

Among the clubhouses in San Juan and QC, the one in Acropolis Village caught my attention.

acropolis

Information I gathered said the space can accommodate up to 200 pax and there is ample parking just outside it. So I called and inquired about our date and alas, it was still open! I finally sold the idea to Ane and we went to book the venue in July, about a couple of weeks after my inquiry. I was afraid someone already booked it on our date because we did not call before going there.

I believe it was destiny that Klaire’s party was held in Acropolis. When we told the secretary that we were there to pay the DP and refundable security deposit, she showed us their booking folder. Much to my amusement, the slot was already blocked (as well as all other weekends in January) but the client cancelled it a few days before we went! We signed the contract and you bet I was smiling :)

The secretary was easy to talk to except that she failed to inform us that we were supposed to pay the full amount at least a month before the event. It was also not in the contract I signed. I do not remember being told about this because if I did, I would have noted it down in my notebook so I would not forget. Imagine my horror when my planner told me, less than a week before the party, the people in the admin office threatened that they cancelled the booking because of the oversight! My planner put her foot down and insisted it was not in the contract so we were allowed to pay on the day of the party, before the set-up of decorations and stuff. Whew!

On the day of the party, the venue was clean. The washrooms were also clean, had hand soap and tissue. We also did not hear complaints about the guards, so that is nice to know.

The refundable security deposit was supposed to be returned to us seven days after the event but it is still not available at this time. My planner is doing the follow-up. Days after the party, they said the computation was not done yet. I already know they will deduct an amount for the extra electricity we used. I wonder when they will be done computing?!

Ever since I turned over the preps to Darla my planner in December, I was not directly corresponding with the admin office anymore. I did not hear complaints though from Darla (except for the balance payment of course). I guess all is good :)

Rating: 4 out of 5 (This may change depending on the refund issue)

0 comments: