I Exercised My Right!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I voted on Monday! I feel proud that I did my duty as a citizen of this country. It was the first ever automated election here and glitches were expected. We had to stay home in the morning because we waited for Ane to finish voting. I turned on the tv and saw in the news the long lines in very precinct. My family also had to endure the long line in our town. I was expecting worse when it was my turn. We got to Bulacan a little before lunch so I decided to wait after lunch to go to my cluster. Armed with the necessities – pen (for signing), wawa (for the sweat), fan, IDS and my list with my cluster & voter’s number – I went around 1230nn, Ane tagging along. Lo, when we got there, only about five people were ahead of me in line! Woohoo! Needless to say, I was done in less than twenty minutes! I even took my time shading the “bilog na hugis itlog”. I was also relieved when I the machine congratulated me for casting the ballot. I was number 506.

The results of this election were out pretty fast. Kudos to COMELEC. Most of my candidates did not make it (including my Dad) but I do not consider my ballot wasted. What matters most is that I made myself heard and I stood by what I believe in.

Let’s pray for a better Philippines!

0 comments: