Voters’ Prayer

Friday, May 07, 2010

I have maintained that my blogs are all apolitical in nature (read: I am not into debating about my political views and I respect every person’s decisions :) And I would appreciate it if you do not fall trap into the survey results especially if you we’re never asked at least once in those surveys. Please give your vote to the one who you think deserves your voice however tiny it is). But come Monday, history will unfold. Will there be chaos or everything will fall into place? Let us all pray for our country. Pray before you cast your ballot.

Let me share this prayer I got from Toni:

 

LORD, make me an instrument of your presence in the Polls.

Where there is coercion and violence,

Let me sow seeds of love;

Where there is bribery and vote buying,

Let me sow seeds of integrity;

Where there is discord,

Let me sow seeds of unity;

Where there is electoral fraud,

Let me sow seeds of honesty;

Where there is duplicity and propaganda,

Let me sow seeds of truth;

Where there is indifference,

Let me sow seeds of care and concern;

And, where there is despair in the electoral process,

Let me sow seeds of hope.

Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much

Think of my selfish motives when I vote.

Instill in me a deep sense of communal solidarity in my critical choice of candidates who would rise above the traditional politics of PAY-OFF, PERSONALITY and PATRONAGE.

Enlighten me to elect worthy men and women who embody the true spirit of public service in their moral consciousness.

For it is voting responsibly that we receive

the fruits of true democracy.

And it is in dying as a seed to our selfishness

that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

God bless the Philippines.

0 comments: