Frustrated HR Practitioner

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The number one path that I planned to follow after I earned my two bachelor's degrees is the one that leads to the Human Resources. Sadly, I was not able to attain that goal. I was already depressed not finding a job after 11months of graduating (who said it's easy for us who came from that Uni in Taft?! Especially that I wasn't an A-list student) that I grabbed the opportunity to work in that Telecoms company. I was hoping to get transferred laterally to the HR after some time spent in CMG, the idea was openly discussed with my bosses. There was no opening during my entire stay, until I quit. I should have accepted another opportunity but time had other plans for me, and considering that HR positions during that time were only open to those with experience. And looking back, I should have continued reading stuff about HR and not find myself clueless when asked what succession planning is.

But am not complaining anymore. Because recently, I realized what I really wanted to do with my life...that is to learn as much as I can about digital stuff. I'm working on it. :)

0 comments: