Remembering Bangkok

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Glorietta blast on Friday had us thinking of the past negative incidents that happened in the the same shopping area. The Oakwood mutiny obviously came up. The time it happened in 2003, I was in Bangkok with one of mom's friend who imports wholesale clothing. I seriously thought our flights will be cancelled and we won't be able to go home for a while. That scared the h**l out of me. I was just too glad that it didn't last that long.

While on the subject, the four days that I spent in the Thai country was memorable. Although I would have love to explore the city more, we were limited to what my mom's friend wanted to do (hehehe shopping only). We had some authentic Thai massage sessions at the Wat Pho temple, phot ops at the Baiyouke Building (spell check!), experienced Thai street food, riding the Tuktuk and watching the famous Phat Pong "show".

You bet I'm gonna ask hubby to plan a vacation with Bangkok (and a side trip to Phuket, perhaps) when we're able :)

0 comments: