So I was wrong...

Sunday, October 07, 2007

When I said I wasn't too confident about The Pacman winning today's bout against Barrera. He actually won. Even if he looks bloated and all (he gained 14lbs for the match after the official weighing in, the night before). He actually won. Since we watched it at Rockwell, we already knew the results even before the local channel started showing it. So imagine the annoyed peeps my spoiler mom texted, immediately after the scorecards were read. Hah! I texted my bestfriend C, and Ane, only because they asked me to.

Anyway, our man did a good job. Another thing, and I think I share the same sentiments with the rest of the country, that Barrera only fought for himself, not giving his 100% -- that because this is the last match before he retires, he would like to leave the scene by showing everyone that he ended his career without getting knocked-off. Ego-thing? We will never know. He kept on stepping back, not fighting head-on, nag-Arthro yata. Hmp!

0 comments: