Past and Future

Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Mom has a funny way of amusing me. She shared to me two stories last night that she herself finds weird...simply because she can't remember and she refuses to believe. :)

First, she told me she found an old picture me. The one taken during my third year HS ball. I gave her a copy and she found it weird why I would write at the back: "though I am being a bad girl..." etc etc. She can't remember why I would write those words. This morning, I realized exactly why. Back then, we were barely surviving. Although, we were sent to very good schools, we only had enough. So I was touched that they allowed me to attend the ball in a 5-star hotel. She even bought me a dress at Rustan's with matching shoes and bag & even gave me budget for a hair and make-up session at a nice salon. That was something. I knew they spent more than what they should but they still wanted to give me what they think is best. That probably made me guilty because at that time, I also started having a boyfriend much to their dismay (but no, he wasn't my date for that night, which sucked!). I was definitely a bad girl for not listening to them. Parents can be forgetful of the bad times, eh?

Second, she told me about a dream she had. But before telling me the dream itself, she assured me that dreams, especially hers, can be the opposite. So she tells me that in her dream, I was rushing to her and was crying real hard. I was crying that I could not even talk. When she was able to calm me down, I told her I was brokenhearted because our doctor was honest enough to tell we can't bear children at all. Funny, my mom is dreaming about our dilemma. Could it be that she's pressured herself for us? LOL!

That's it. I just figured I'd share these here. :)


0 comments: