On losing weight...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I may not be very vocal about it but it bothers me that my weight has been suffering from yo-yo syndrome since I got married. I would lose and then gain everything (or more) after a few weeks. There was even one time I asked our internist to prescribe me with the best of the diet pills she can recommend. She obviously declined (or I wouldn't be complaining here, would I?) explaining that my excess pounds can be shed by exercising and eating the right diet, and reasoning further that she doesn't consider me fat. I look in the mirror (naked, of course) and I just have to disagree. Oh I hate my big bones, really, my wide hips and fatty thighs and love handles as well! But I can't stop myself from eating too much plus the fact that I stopped going to the gym at that time.

Then comes the OB who suggested that I lose a little bit of my excess. Now she's talking! :) Her pep talk was all I needed. What better push would there be than telling me losing weight will help me conceive, eh? So I went back to the gym and really watched what I eat. And now...

I AM ONE POUND LESS THAN MY PRE-WEDDING WEIGHT (at 119lbs)!!!

Happy, happy. It has been a journey. I still need to lose about 4-6lbs to reach my ideal weight. I've been steadily losing about 2lbs a month (4lbs in January because I got sick) and I'm crossing my fingers I can keep it that way. Yay! :)

0 comments: