Over when it's over.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I spent a few hours tonight chitchatting with a group of people older than me (read: peeps my parents' age) and the topic suddenly touched on the possible end of the marriage of one of the members (the husband). Apparently, the husband was thrown out of the marital home just recently. The real reason of such break-up is fairly unknown...only that everything has become ugly. Angry accusations, money taken out of the bank (by the wife) which means checks issued may bounce, kids getting confused...you get the picture. How sad. Months ago, I felt something was wrong and tonight, I realized my observations are correct.

Anyway, the group was torn between the husband and the wife, which side to take. One part said that it's the husband's fault. Another claims it's the wife's. They said that maybe, the wife wasn't taking care of the husband well. It's kinda scary for me because I don't consider myself domesticated (my loyal blog readers, and closest friends would know that by now) and I am not 100% submissive. I do not see myself bathing my husband as he sits on a shower stool (unless he's sick or whatever), nor staying mum when we do not agree on opinions. Some men expect their wives to treat them like this, according to one of the oldies. Look I love my husband and not doing the things as stated doesn't mean I love him less, right? And in case I change my habits, will that be an assurance that my husband will never ever stray?

This is actually a topic that can generate never-ending rebuttals (I actually left them still on the topic, mind you). I just brought it up tonight in this blog because the issue caused me fear. We, hubby and I, still have a lifetime to go and cases like this isn't that encouraging, is it? Sigh.

I just wish that they be able to settle their differences soon.


0 comments: