Off to the Beach

Saturday, May 19, 2007

I asked Ate if I should wear my bathing suit and shorts and Havaianas today but she gave me that funny look. She told me that I might not be able to take the cold. So I wore gym pants and rubber shoes. Kuya J even suggested that I bring my windbreaker with me.

I'm glad that I was "properly" dressed for Sta. Cruz Boardwalk. Even with my clothes on, I was shaking cold.

The trip was about an hour away and we got there an hour before the rides started operating (there was an old roller coaster made of wood called Giant Dipper! Scary, eh?). We let J play in the sand for a while and then we started to walk towards the wharf where the sea lions were. Cool! While there, we had light lunch and immediately walked back to the beach to check out the place more. Rides, arcades, games, food and people all around! It was the part of the Boardwalk's 100 years celebration. We missed the Thrilling Trampoline & High Dive Show and didn't wait for the next one anymore. We didn't play or ride either because there were just too many people.

By 2pm we were off to The Mystery Spot also in Sta.Cruz. It was an interesting tour lasting about 30 mins for $5 each person. Ate, Kuya and J did not join us anymore because they've been there before. They just waited for us in the little park down. Joaquin was so happy to see us after the tour that he hugged us all :) This is also where G found some crispy crickets he was more than willing to try. He did buy a box and Joaquin was grossed out upon seeing his uncle eat the bacon and cheese flavored bug. Hehe. I should post his picture real soon hehe.

We were home and tired around 5pm that we fell asleep. I woke up at 8pm realizing that I should have cooked Tinolang Manok for dinner a couple of hours earlier! Hmp. So we ended up eating my tasteless Tinola for dinner an hour later. Ugh, I messed up.

It was a good day that even a crappy dinner didn't matter. :)


0 comments: