San Francisco

Saturday, May 26, 2007

So anyway, I should really post some pictures so you will see how awful I looked earlier today. Am not really a fashionista but then again, I know what looks good or otherwise..hehehe. The temperature today was around 7-9 degrees C. That's too much for me.

First stop was at Pier 39. I would have bought myself really hot coffee, but I realized that standing under the sun (with no sunblock, argh!) will make me feel comfortable. We walked a bit, took some pictures and decided at 11am that we should go grab lunch already because we wanna miss the long queue's at the restos. We had some nice lunch at Bubba Gump where the ambience is the same as that of Greenbelt's. Yum! The service is really good, our server was so accomodating. We also had a nice view of the Marina. We couldn't linger any longer because people started to arrive and we needed to give our table up for them.

And then we tried to catch a trip to Alcatraz but we weren't able to get any tickets. Tickets were sold out until Monday (bad timing I guess, we were there during the Memorial Day weekend). So we decided to walk towards Powell Street so we could ride the famous Cable Cars. It was an exciting ride, going up and down the steep streets. At the end of the line stood Westfield Mall (and a lot more vagrants). So yeah, we were malling again, hehehehe. The interiors/architecture of this mall is rather different. More like a church/palace to me, teeeehhheeeee. Very nice indeed.

This is also where I experienced having make-up in the mall for the first time :) So the raves about Bare Escentuals are true. If you know me, I do not wear make-up everyday. If I can get away without it, am fine with that. So it's a nice surprise for me to find something that does not irritate my skin and is cheaper than Chanel (which works for me too!) :)

After getting coffee at Starbucks, we were back again on the cable car to Pier 39. Sadly it was time for us to go home. A day is far from enough to explore all the nice places. I vowed to come back... I just don't know when.

We didn't go straight home since it was already dinner time when we were still on the road. It was Gerry's Union City for us. Not that we are already missing Filipino food but it was a break from all the American food we've been eating :)


0 comments: