The waiting is over...

Thursday, May 24, 2007

At least for my sister and her family. She marched on her Departmental Graduation today for her Master's which she technically finished in December 2006.

So we started our day early with her and Mom going to the parlor to get her hair done. While I did some laundry, hehehehehe. Joaquin wanted to play in the tub. And I let him play as long as he wanted until I found out at 11am that we were to leave for Downtown SJ at noon! So naturally, I panicked coz no one else was ready and we needed to steam iron some clothes for the boys.

Naturally, we were behind schedule but we were still alright. Ate was expected to be in the Uni by 4pm so we actually had a lot of time :) We just needed to be there early so parking won't be a problem.

Lunch was at Sonoma Chicken where chicken was sooo good and the crowd young. :) We also ordered some calamari and Chicken Alfredo (which was so rich I felt nauseous, and didn't finish it, haha).

By 3pm, we were already in the campus grounds and we had so much time left to take pictures and go around. We had lots of pictures so I should start uploading some soon! We also got to see their library which is housed in an entire building so nice it can pass as a hotel in Manila! Books!! Oh books!!! :)

We entered the auditorium by 530pm and the ceremonies promptly started by 6pm. It was a cozy graduation because there were only about 24 MA Grads and less than 15 BA grads. Everyone seemed to know anyone! Ate's name was called and Joaquin started to run towards the exit, then to the other entrance towards the stage that I had to grab him (His Dad and Ane were taking pictures)! Turned out he wanted to go up the stage as well, and he was screaming at me for stopping him. So yeah, I missed the main reason we are here. I flew to the other side of the world, endured a 12hour flight, to watch my sister wear her master's hood onstage...and I missed it. Sigh. You bet I wasn't talking to Joaquin until we got home tonight.

The Graduation ended with a small gathering of sorts outside the Auditorium where we met some of Ate's professors. There were some food too! :)

The University graduation is scheduled on Saturday but we decided not to go anymore. Not only will we be sitting under the sun for about two hours, graduates won't we called on stage again. No one among Ate's colleagues would go, as well. So there wasn't a clear reason for us to go.


0 comments: