Blankets

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I bought a book, a graphic novel (a first!), after a friend recommended it. She said the reviews are great and that it will remind you of childhood. It did. I was with hubby that Monday afternoon when we visited Powerbooks and saw a copy of the said book. But, I wasn't planning on buying an expensive book (Php1500+).

The reviews printed on the back cover, however, gave me goosebumps when it said something like "...brutalities parents give the children...". No I wasn't a battered child at all, but that phrase somehow made a homerun. I was mainly looking for my memories of childhood and of first love. And there I found it. My Ane bought me the book and I was engaged on reading for a few hours. I finished it, all 600 pages, after about 7hours. The book is currently with Mitch who promised to cover it after Lara finished with it too. I haven't brought it home yet.

The book reminded me of childhood -- the times when my siblings and I shared the same bed (accidental pees!), when we fought (brother hitting me with a small glass bowl when I was sick!) and even the time I almost cut my left pointing finger. It was also true for me that the book reminded me of my first love as I narrated briefly in my other blog. Go check it out :)

0 comments: