Illogical fears.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I am afraid of heights. You bet I will never ever ride the Soarin' Over California attraction again (Hubby tricked me into riding once!). Sure I do roller coasters but the speed I can take. Never ask me to ride a Ferris Wheel. And you will find me stiff in a cable car ride if I have no other choice.

I am afraid of open staircases. Everytime we encounter one, hubby will have to go ahead of me so he can cover for me, hehe.

I can get claustrophobic at times. I do not like flying cockroaches.

These are some of what I fear most (Hah! I just revealed myself!). But guess what my mommy is too afraid of? Anything that has fur or feathers, may it be alive or inanimate. Try throwing her, for instance, a gund toy and she will squeal even before it lands.

I learned in college that some phobias arise from experiences as early as childhood. Oh well. Mommy once shared that when she was younger, she fell down the stairs, fell on top of a cat and killed the poor animal in the process. That must be traumatic for her since she carried that memory into adulthood. I wonder if there's anyway I can help her overcome that fear. Or maybe I should think of overcoming my fears first? :)

2 comments:

donna_chocnut said...

Tin, pareho tayo! I'm afraid of heights and open staircases too. Feeling ko lulusot ako at mahuhulog. =)

Mich said...

ako din ayoko ng mga fury animals at mabuhok, lalo na yung dog na madaming buhok. LOL!