Klaire: Two months

Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Watch me grow! Sissy and me, second month." First month picture here.


I'm a few days late. Abi turned two months on 30 March. I haven't been blogging because aside from my health scare last week (deserves another post), real life is on the way of my online life, hehe. I need to catch up on my blog updates!

Anyway, we celebrated the Princess' second month with a simple dinner at home with my brothers. I just bought lechon manok, ice cream and a half a roll of mocha-caramel cake from a nearby bakeshop (and yes, I'm back driving while Ane babysit Abi, again deserves another post!). Earlier, my brother R bought spaghetti from Jollibee, for long life hehe.

Abi updates. From her last Pedia visit a few days earlier, she grew two centimeters and finally gained back the weight she lost. Boy, am I glad! Right now, she's feeding so well, I'm sure she's slowly gaining the weight normal for her age. She had her BCG shot that day as well. I was whispering in her ear that she might get hurt a bit and that it was okay to cry. When Dr. Pedia started with the shot, she was trying to suppress and I told her to just let it out. And she did cry! Oh I was in pain with her, I couldn't look at her face. Poor baby. We were told to expect that she might get feverish from the shot and just give Calpol in that case. She didn't need the paracetamol, yey! Overall, the doctor gave Abi the A-ok stamp :)

We started mixed-feeding her in early March. She got so frustrated one night that Ane had to go run to the nearest drugstore to buy her formula and Dr. Edwards! It made me so sad that I could not provide for her actual needs but seeing that she became happier and more satisfied, that's my consolation. I was demoted from being a full-time milking momma to a formula-preparing mom. There are times, though, that she prefers me over the teats which makes me happy :)

She now can maintain eye-contact and "converses" with her coo's. And she now delights us with her smiles (right now, as I type this, she's sleeping and actually smiling!) and sometimes her laughs. I have seen her soundless laugh and have yet to hear her with sounds. Ane said he got the kicks out of just hearing her! Alam niyo yung humahagikgik, ganun daw!

She's asleep most of the time but her waking hours are longer now. We actually get to play with her now :) At night, she sleeps around 10-11pm and sleeps through -- but feeds around 2am and then again around 5am. The feedings are fuss-free and she goes back to sleep right after, so our nights are generally peaceful, yahoo! We co-sleep by the way and I just feel her movements when she wakes in the middle of the night. Her dad puts her to sleep at night (because she wouldn't sleep if it was me!) and she has become smarter. Why did I say so? Because she would refuse to sleep on Tuesday nights because she knows her dad has no work the next day! Har har!

That's it for the updates, for now. I'm not sure if I remember what I'm supposed to write but I will pop when there's something I forgot! I'm reminded to keep notes of her milestones and not just record her feedings, LOL! :)

5 comments:

Mae said...

halos doble ang haba nya from last month! :)

karen said...

talagang close sila ng dolly nya ha! nalalakihan na nya... =)

Mich said...

hi kaje! nag-stop ka na magbreastfeed? see you soon :)
matangkad to si Abi paglaki im sure...

Kaje said...

@ mae, heheh although 2cm lang ang nilaki, she looks bigger na talaga ano?! :D

@ karen, thanks for the visit!

@ mich, mixed feeding si Abi, although mas madami ang formula. may mga times na ayaw niya ng formula, gusto niya si mommy niya, napapangiti naman ako pag ganun hehehe. dami nga nagsabi tangkad siya, buti naman :) see you soon!

Mich said...

hi kaje, tuloy2 mo lang breastfeed para di mag-stop yung milk :) congrats! onga mas gusto talga nila mommy milk. Si andie din eh kaya di kme makapagshift sa formula kse ayaw nya.