Accident that could have been avoided

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I was watching the news last night and heard of a story where a six-year old kid accidentally shot his military father, who eventually died, with a.45 caliber gun. The father asked the son to get his gun (tsk!) from the bedroom, and because it was loaded, the boy accidentally pulled the trigger. The mother was also hurt. If the father had been more cautious, then he’d probably see his son grow up to be a fine young man. Sad story really.

 

I actually don’t approve of having guns at home but having grown up with a serviceman (my dad) at home, it could not be avoided. Even just toys, because those can also cause harm. When my brothers were younger, the older one specifically, he took fancy of pellet guns, but under my dad’s  supervision. And my BIL got into airsoft guns, before he got married but stopped playing when his son was born. I think he used to join war games. And I think he also came across ZephyrAirsoft especially that they are now living in the US. Back in Manila he would source items from everywhere. In this site everything can be found from magazines, safety gears and whatever one may need for the sport. Yes this is considered a sport!. Anyway, the website offers free shipping to anywhere in the US. The website actually started selling stuff for paintball but I guess every business evolves depending on the target market needs, right? 

 

Anyway, toys or real guns everyone should be extra careful! :)

0 comments: