OB Visit

Sunday, June 07, 2009

I visited my OB the other day because I was scheduled to have my pap smear. This I plan to have every year from now on. She told me everything looks fine and that I will just call next week for the results.

 

Anyway, while there, she also gave me a short lecture on family planning which I found pretty helpful. I also got a a dose of a sermon which I think I cannot discuss here of course :) And then we discussed how my weight already reached the plateau. She advised me to lose weight and to be serious about my diet. As of today, I am still 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Losing weight just might help to lower my cholesterol. She mentioned some of the  best diet pills available in the market and hinted that I might want to try them especially that I have very limited physical activity going on. As an example, she shared that her doctor friend, the anesthesiologist when I delivered Abi, took some diet pills and lowered his cholesterol in the process. Maybe I’ll review and see if pills will work for me too.

 

Let me just share also that I love love my OB to bits. There are things that we don’t agree on but she sure can knock sense into my head. It was a delight conversing with her and I look forward to every visit!

 

Oh, I forgot to ask about cervical cancer vaccine! Maybe I’ll talk to her about it when I call for the pap smear result next week :)

0 comments: