Do as the doctor says :p

Thursday, June 04, 2009

I visited my HMO clinic yesterday afternoon to consult with an Internist.  I was honest to say that I did not continue with my maintenance medication for my cholesterol. I told the doctor that I worry about my liver. Hehe. But I went to visit to ask for another prescription (since I already stopped breastfeeding, I can take a better med) and I said I am more committed to taking them.  The doctor says, it is their responsibility to monitor my liver and that I should weigh what I want: let my paranoia eat me or lower my cholesterol? I chose the latter especially that my BP was 130/100 and I’ve been palpitating since the weekend.

 

Now I have to take two meds, one in the morning and one before bedtime. Plus I need to record my daily BP. I will return to see the doctor again in two weeks and I am scheduled to have another blood test in six weeks.

 

I will not be hard-headed this time. Promise :)

0 comments: