Klaire is five months today

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Abi has slight fever today so she is not her cheery self. She’s cranky in fact. (Edit 02 July: Lagnat-laki lang, Thank God! I didn’t sleep that night and literally just watched over her! She’s okay now. Still grumpy though, must be today’s heat!)

 

The other day, we went to the Pedia’s clinic for her well-baby check-up and vaccination (3rd DPT-Polio shot). I think she has started to associate the doctor to some pain. She was happy and smiling when my OB talked to her but the minute we stepped into the Pedia’s room, she leaned on me more closely and the smile faded even if the doctor was talking to her! Anyway, she cried a bit and calmed down in a minute. She only gained 500grams from last month. I was surprised coz I was hoping she’d already reached the 6kilo mark (she’s only 5.7kg). But the doctor said it’s fine since she’s still within the average range. She is now allowed to drink juice! A teaspoon of orange/ponkan/dalandan mixed with 3 ounces of water. She’s loving it so far, except that she wants it better through dropper than the bottle, hehe. She’s now drinking more milk but the doctor says she should be drinking even more (she averages 25-30ounces in 24hours). Doctor A. also said we can now have her ears pierced, finally! But then we should go to TMC Nursery to have it done, so my excitement is washed over. I can’t expose Abi in the hospital, can I, at this time, kwim?

 

Overall, she’s a very healthy baby! :)

 

abisissy5th2 abisissy5th

Some of her June smilestones that are worth noting (let’s do this in bullets, shall we? Abi’s too clingy that I can’t concentrate in blogging hehe):

  • appreciates colors, play time, being read to, my singing voice (it’s funny to note too that she calms down when I sing “A Whole New World” and it never fails! Needless to say, Ane and I are tired of that song hehe)
  • laughs (she particularly likes it when I make faces!)
  • rolls on the bed, she can cover the whole area fast!
  • can hold things but refuses to hold her bottle when feeding!
  • reaches and holds feet, so cute :)

I also noticed that some of her hair are falling. Mommies out there, can you suggest a nice baby shampoo that can stop the hair fall and can help the hair grow faster? She must have some more hair when the clips from my cousin (an Esty seller) arrive end of July!

 

Hmmmm, that’s about it this month. June random pictures are here. :)

 

PS. I am so excited to plan for Abi’s birthday party! I wonder when I can get the go-signal?!?

8 comments:

Jhari said...

Hmmm... I suggest no shampoos for now t'Kaje. For Julia, I'm just using J&J soap and I started recently the NO TEARS J&J From-Head-to-Toe. Nalagas din ng konti lang si Julia but she was 1 or 2 mos old lang tapos ngayon hindi na po.

Mae said...

Parang nakikita ko sa kanya si Badz... hehehe :)

Kaje said...

@jhari, gumagamit din ako ng J&J top to toe yung original variant pero ala pang isang oras, hindi na amoy baby hahaha so I switched to nivea. I think that's the culprit. i'm using J&J na lang ulit muna, and lactacyd blue sa gabi until I find an alternative :)

@mae, mareeeeee lahat na yan ang sinasabi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butchay said...

wow!!! how cute :) shes growing up fast already

Anonymous said...

ryan lost most of his hair before he was 6 months. those on top of his head did not fall off because di naman nadadaganan if natutulog. it all grew back naman. had to do some research though because i got worried. normal lang daw as long as not shedding after 6 months old. - lara

Kaje said...

@ butchay - hey, long time no hear! sorry hindi din ako nakadrop by sa iyo. and yes, she's growing every minute! ang bilis ng panahon!

@ lara - thanks mare. antay antay na lang siguro ako hehehe hirap maging nanay, nakakpraning!

Mich said...

Abi is really tall noh? kakatuwa parang kelan lang nakita ko sya a few months ago, ngayon five months na! :)
kelan kaya tayo magtatagpo sa twitter? LOL!

Kaje said...

oo nga ang bilis ng panahon! si Andie mo malapit na magOne! :)

lagi kita naabutan sa twitter, hindi mo lang ako nababasa hahahaha error forever :)