Believing I am a Pencil

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

While waiting for assignments, I was chatting with Suzanne the other night that almost turned into an all-nighter (I bid goodbye at 3am!). Now I appreciate that she was there to listen/read my sentiments. It started with a simple issue but I didn’t notice I was already pouring it all to her. Believe me when I say it is always too much to listen to my woes but Zanne took it all in, even providing me with a more realistic, and of course different from mine, perspective. I can’t say I was not a burden to her because she’s currently carrying a heavier emotional load than mine. It’s amazing how much of a giver this lady is! Super thanks Mare. I had so much fun, especially during our shopping time, LOL!

 

And this morning, I was reading my feeds and came across an entry by my friend and soul-sister, Daday. She shared about a death of her friend and how often that friend would share this about a pencil:

The five lessons you will learn from a pencil:

  1. A pencil will be able to do many great things, but provided it allow someone to hold it.
  2. A pencil will experience painful sharpening from time to time, but once sharpen it will become a better pencil.
  3. A pencil will be able to correct any mistakes done.
  4. A pencil's most important part is not its skin but what’s inside it.
  5. Be yourself. Make a mark.

Well, this sums up my feelings and realizations after chatting with Zanne. It is the first time I read this and it hit bullseye just when I needed something to clear my head. And it is so beautiful not to pass on and share.

How about you, are you a pencil?

3 comments:

Admin said...

Naman. I owe you for being with me at my lowest. Salamat, mare. :)

Kaje said...

sabagay, sino-sino lang ba naman ang mgadadamayan kundi tayong magkukumareng tambay sa internet?!? De vah? :) hugs!

Mhelskie said...

nagbolahan pa huh....LOL