Retail Therapy

Monday, September 28, 2009

During these trying hours in this country I simply cannot let myself go and splurge money on things that I want. Many are dying and hungry, and relief goods have not reached them. I’ve been worried sick about people who matter. I’ve spent too much time surfing the internet for pictures and news and I am surprised that other people can still afford to shop and brag about what they have. Well, I cannot blame them. They probably did not experience the typhoon’s wrath or they have more than enough to shop for themselves and still share with others. I conclude that I have no right to judge them, right?

Anyway, the point of this post is really to say that most women find solace in shopping. If there is something that bothers them, a pair of Kate Spade shoes or one by Michael Kors can easily and temporarily fix that. Most men do not understand that women obsess over shoes, bags and other feminine stuff because these things make them feel better. It lightens the emotions they feel within while making them look good.

I have a confession to make. I am not really particular on my looks. I splurge more on food and eating out, in fact. But I just recently discovered online shopping. I never knew that by simply browsing on women stuff like bags, shoes, make-up, and clothes, the lady in me is awakened. And I realized that I am not getting any younger so I should really consider spoiling myself. Yes, I’ll do that when I get a proper job, LOL! For now I enjoy window shopping from links I get here and here.

1 comments:

All Women's Weekend said...

Thanks for the mention :D