Typhoon Ondoy’s Rage

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I slept before three this morning and noticed that the rain did not stop since the night before. When Abi and I woke up around 1030am, my brothers were peering out our room window looking at the neighbors. They were hopelessly holding on to their gate because the creek just outside their compound already overflowed. They needed to keep the gate closed otherwise their entire compound will be submerged in flood water. At this time, they are mid waist deep in water. How sad.

My brother attempted to drive to Bulacan and Valenzuela but turned back when cars were already being re-routed because EDSA was already flooded! Araneta Avenue would be an ugly sight too, we think.

I feel lucky that we are safe at home. I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and that our food supply is ample. I feel sad for the homeless and for those whose homes are already submerged. This time, even the rich living in high-end subdivisions are affected. I am worried because my family is not together.

Ane is at work, and I am not sure if he’ll be able to drive in this condition. There is a place he can stay in near his office but he hasn’t got stuff with him. Sigh. But then the mall is just right there.

Mommy is in Mindoro, but I heard it is better there. She has the flu, though, so I am worried that there is no one to look after her.

Daddy is in Bulacan. Haven’t tried to call him yet. I am sure he is busy. Our house is on the higher ground but I am thinking of the relatives and I imagine my Dad fussing over all the evacuees. See our town have been below sea level and this typhoon is bringing in so much rain (plus I heard the dam released some water already). This is really bad.

Thank God my FIL is home for the weekend and he’s with my MIL in Malabon. I really hope they are safe.

Let us all pray and bombard the heavens so this will stop immediately. Lord, help us!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Cagayan de Oro. It rained last night and it's still overcast here and very very windy. Ingats kayo dyan.

Biglang lumakas ang takbo ni Ondoy at dereksyon kaya hindi naka prepare ang lahat. PAGASA's website cannot anymore be accessed. Nag crash siguro o na brownout.