Princess and the Frog

Friday, November 27, 2009

This latest Disney offering opened in New York and LA on November 25. Somehow, this new movie caught my attention. I love Disney movies!

Disney strayed from the norm this time by making Princess Tiana hail from South Africa. I love that gown by the way! Tiana is voiced by theater artist and Tony Award Winner, Anika Noni Rose. The voice of Oprah Winfrey was also borrowed for this movie as Tiana’s mom. The setting is in New Orleans of the Jazz Age and Tiana the regular girl works as a waitress. This is also the first time in six years that Disney is not employing CG characters. Instead, they went back to the old-fashioned hand-drawn cartoons!

I am sure this will become a classic just like Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, Little Mermaid and the rest. It will be shown in all of US by December 11. I wonder when they’ll show it here? And I wish Abi is old enough to appreciate this movie!

0 comments: