Hot Summer

Friday, March 28, 2008

Sigh. It is so humid. I heard in the news tonight that the temperature will even reach 38 degrees in the next few weeks. Argh. I am a person who has very high tolerance for heat but I honestly have a hard time feeling A-ok these days. Gone are the days when I would turn on the shower heater (even at noon!). Now I have to take a shower at least twice. The other day, Hubby suggested we turn on the a/c (we don't use it often) but I remembered we haven't had it cleaned yet. We probably need to install air cleaners so it will work better. It's good though that even in this weather, Hubby and I haven't had rhinitis attacks (that usually turns into full blown coughs and colds). And yeah, the Department of Health actually warned people that Asthma, High BP, and Heat Stroke cases just might become rampant. So be careful, you all.

Anyway, the other day, Hubby and I went to the wake of the brother of Hub's HS barkada. We didn't know the full story until we got there. Much to our surprise, the one who died was just 22 years old! He was playing basketball and then took a break, went to a sari-sari store and just collapsed. I'm not sure if they had the body autopsy-ed but we were told the young man had history of asthma. Must be the heat (and his somewhat unhealthy lifestyle). So again, be careful folks!

0 comments: