Caught in Politics (2)

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I made a little boo-boo that I had to edit that last post...hmmmmm...Good thing I realized that right away. I hope my "boss" won't notice that lapse, LOL! sayang naman yung nasulat ko na kung hindi ko pa ibalik, so here goes...


I am not really a big fan of politics but I wanted to witness something that can be written in history books (like the time a new Pope was proclaimed, but that's another story heheh). I wasn't rooting for any candidate at all but I personally felt that Barack Obama will win. And he did. By January 20, 2009, Obama (and his VP, Biden) will swear the oath of office -- he is the 44th US President and the first African-American President in history.

Kudos to McCain for accepting defeat even telling his supporters: It is not your failure, it is mine. So gracious, noh?

2009 will mark the Change Americans was looking for. Obama didn't promise he can implement it in one year or one term but he siad, with the help of his fellow Americans: "Yes, we can!" And his daughters just earned a new puppy to be brought with them to the White House, heheh (cute!).

Enough politics for me for now. Mom will probably discuss this again anyway, later during dinner.

0 comments: